How many times a day do you find yourself meandering towards the kitchen in search of something to eat? I know for myself eating is on my mind many times throughout the day. Is it boredom, is it a distraction from work or is it a true hunger? Today I will differentiate between these various […]
Tosca Reno’s Eat Clean Cookbook
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 3 good-sized sweet potatoes, scrubbed and trimmed of fibers
- 1 1/2 cups / 360 ml apple juice
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml agave nectar
- 1 tsp / 5 ml ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp / 5 ml ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp / 5 ml freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp / 2.5 ml sea salt
- 3 Tbsp / 45 ml best-quality olive oil
- Juice of one half lemon
1. Preheat oven to 375°F / 190°C.
2. Prepare a large baking dish by spraying with Eat-Clean Cooking Spray or a touch of olive oil.
3. Place sweet potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until just tender. Don’t overcook the sweet potatoes – you want them a bit firm. They will finish cooking in the oven.
4. Drain sweet potatoes and set aside to cool. Peel if desired. Cut into rounds 1/4-inch thick and lay them in the baking dish. Don’t overlap the pieces of potato.
5. In a heavy saucepan place apple juice, agave nectar, nutmeg, cinnamon, lemon zest and salt. Simmer over low heat for several minutes. Add olive oil and lemon juice. Stir well. The liquid should now be syrup. If not thick enough, simmer a little longer. Pour the warm syrup over the sweet potatoes.
6. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake the sweet potatoes for 20 minutes or until hot and fragrant.
7. Serve hot.
Nutritional Value for a Five-Slice Serving of Sweet Potatoes:
Calories: 148 Calories from Fat: 60 Total Fat: 7 g Saturated Fat: 0 g
Total Carbs: 33 g Fibers: 2 g Protein: 1 g Sodium: 233 mg Cholesterol: 0 mg
This came across my e-mail and I knew it was a must share! My copy of the cookbook should be here any day now and I can’t wait to share more of Tosca’s fabulous recipes!!
Click HERE for a printable version.
I invented this because I had a little bit of a sweet tooth and a chocolate craving. I store it in the fridge and take one little piece out every now and then : )
1/2 cup raw nut butter of choice
1-1/2 cups organic shredded coconut
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/3 – 1/2 cup agave nectar
1-2 Tbsp. organic coconut oil, melted
Place all of the ingredients in the food processor and process until smooth. Place in an 8×8 pan that is lined with parchment or wax paper. Place in fridge until set and viola, yumminess!
Click HERE for a printable version.
I LOVE my Earth Energetic Shoes! I have lower back issues so I was in desperate to find a pair of shoes that would help alleviate that. I don’t know if it was the shoes or not but my back has been much better since switching to my Earth Energetics! They are a little bulkier than my previous cross training shoes but not so much that I worry about it. Here is a little info on them:
|Kalso® Negative Heel Technology®
The most defining feature of Earth footwear is Kalso® Negative Heel Technology® a unique inclined sole that positions the toes 3.7º higher than the heels. The slight angle shifts weight subtly back over the heels, and can help strengthen and tone the body while also burning calories.
| Anatomic Arch Support
|To complement Kalso® Negative Heel Technology®, all Earth footwear features reinforced support through the arch. The arch support maximizes the effectiveness of the heel design in promoting a natural walking motion.
| BioFoam® Cushioning
|Inside all Earth footwear, a form-fitting footbed provides exceptional comfort with Biofoam™ cushioning. The proprietary material molds to the shape of the foot, displacing and absorbing shock with each step, and is environmentally-considerate, using 70% recycled content.
| Burn more calories with every step™
The more lean body mass you build, the more calories you burn. With Earth® footwear, the slight incline of our Kalso® Negative Heel Technology® lets you feel as if you’re walking on an inclined treadmill, and can contribute to fat-burning effects at a rate of up to 4x that of conventional footwear.
Check out all of Earth’s available styles HERE!